Theme for the Year 2015



Sunday, May 16, 2010

Scrumptious Sauteed Strawberries

I found this recipe on a small food blog. She has some of the best recipes and this would be perfect for a summer evening snack or dessert because it is so quick and refreshing.
Just a note and I will probably be embarrassed for admitting this, but when she asked for fresh lime juice I am thinking cut a lime and squeeze out a tablespoon (which I did not do), I just used the lime juice in a bottle, that seems pretty fresh to me!

Sauteed Strawberries with Cinnamon and Fresh Lime


2 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS butter
1 TBS fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pint strawberries, washed, hulled, and halved or quartered, depending on size (about 2 cups)

In a medium frying pan over medium-low heat, stir together brown sugar, butter, lime juice, and cinnamon. Cook until bubbling. Add strawberries and toss for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately over angel food cake, lower fat vanilla ice cream or top with plain or vanilla low-fat yogurt. Makes 4 servings.

This recipe and many more wonderful recipes can be found at "B" dubs cafe.

1 comment: