Theme for the Year 2015



Saturday, February 26, 2011

Earthquake Preparedness

This is from Food Storage Made Easy

During our annual Emergency Preparedness 7 Day Challenge in September, we role play different emergencies to test our level of preparedness. One of the days we practiced living through an earthquake. What were some of the things our readers said they wish they had after "practicing" this scenario? Here are just a few:





  • I need to get my cars prepped for emergencies, I have nothing but booster cables in them
  • Get a family size tent to use until home is declared safe
  • Have shovel and bar of some sort for clearing the road
  • Have more crafts and activities ready
  • I need a good supply of fuel and extra water to cook with
  • We need a few more flashlights, car emergency kits, some non gas lanterns would also be nice
  • I used the last of the charcoal and so I will have to find something else to cook with tomorrow
  • I'm going to try out our portable camp stove that we have, but never used, to make sure it works and find yummy recipes my kids like
  • Will try to work on getting a generator
  • Having an extra propane tank just in case, and the shovel
  • Shovel for the car and some MRE's
  • More tin foil, tarps, staple gun, duct tape, more germex, chain saw
  • I need to do some serious work to prepare for an earthquake
  • Finding some games to play (simple ones) but we did have fun talking about old times
  • Probably store some wood for camp fire style cooking
  • Have 4 pages of a "to do list" and to buy list
  • Buy more paper products, washing dishes by hand and heating the water is SO MUCH WORK
  • If there is a real earthquake I will need to secure the tall shelves in my garage to the wall so they won't fall over
  • Must have 3 month food supply in place sooner
  • I'd like my water easier to get to, it is in 30 gallon barrels, and the pump is not very reliable - I need my strong husband and sons for it.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment