Theme for the Year 2015



Friday, May 22, 2009

Almond Chicken

This recipe I have used a couple of times for parties and I just put it in a roaster and cook it but it has so many variations. If you try it a different way please leave a comment and let us know.



1 1/2 lbs of boneless, cubed chicken
1 - 10 oz can of chicken broth (I like low sodium)
2 tbsp of bacon bits (real)
1 1/2 c. of diced celery
1/2 c. of sliced onions
1 can of mushrooms pieces
2 tbsp of soy sauce (again I like low sodium)
1 tbsp of corn starch
2/3 c. of almonds slivered

Oven - 45 minutes at 350
Slow Cooker - 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low
Stir Fry - until meat is white in the center

Dissolve corn starch in soy sauce. Then combine all ingredients and cook. *If sauce is too runny you can thicken with 1 tbsp of cornstarch in 2 tbsp of cold water and stir into recipe while it is hot.

This recipe is out of a freezer meal cookbook and it does freeze really well.

Submitted by Ember

1 comment: