Theme for the Year 2015



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Getting to know you part One...To Tell the Truth. A

First "To Tell The Truth" Contestants

I was born in Pocatello Idaho. I have 3 brothers and 1 sister.

When I was 6 years old we moved to a very small town Ephrata, Washington.

When I was 16 we moved to Boise, I loved it you would have thought it was New York City, coming from such a small town. I met a lot of friends and my best friend was Patsy, oh my did we have fun. I wish I could go back in time for 1 week and be with my friends---no stress no worries just lots of good times.

The only thing bad was one summer I was in a car accident, in those days there were no seat belt laws and my 4 front teeth and 4 bottom teeth went into the dashboard. I had a lot of stitches and my mouth was so swollen that everywhere I went I covered my mouth. But the good news was 1 week before school started I got my new teeth.

My first job was with all of my friends at a fast food hamburger place. The manager was gone a lot so when someone came in to apply for a job that we did not want to work with...somehow the application was no where to be found. Only the garbage can knew.

After marriage and 3 boys my life was not what I had planned. My husband became ill. He had a lot of medical problems and after 4 years of being sick his kidney failed for good and he went to his new home.

My plan had been to stay home with my boys...but instead I went to work. A friend helped me get a job in a Dr. office. I lived in a wonderful ward with a good Bishop and wonderful ward members. A lot of the ward members went camping to McCall and Red Fish lake. One of the sister taught my son to fish. There were many good times camping with the help of wonderful Young Men's leaders and home teachers I raised my 3 sons.

Now I have 3 wonderful daughter in laws and 9 grandchildren. Some of my best times have been taking the grandchildren to Disneyland.

Another good time was going with the youth to the Manti Temple Pageant.

I had always wanted to go to Hawaii... 2 years ago my brothers and sister and I went it was worth the wait.

Life can be hard, but it can also be wonderful with the help of our Heavenly Father.
(Evelyn Kennedy)


I was born in a little house on the bank of the Snake River.

At age 9, I started 4-H Clubs. The last year, I completed 9 different clubs. I earned more blue ribbons than any other color, at County and State Fairs.

At 8 years old I was baptized in the Logan Temple and later was sealed to my husband there also.

I reached real heights, when I went to the top of the John Hancock Building in Chicago, and The Arch at St. Luis , Mo. And the Astor Column at Astoria, Oregon.

I am the daughter of a wonderful Dad and a famous Mom, whose picture was on the cover of Life Magazine one year.

I am grateful for my church membership and all the many blessings from my Heavenly Father.
( Iris Putnam)


I was born in a small town is South Eastern Idaho. We lived on a farm and I became proficient in milking cows, hoeing beets, and topping corn.

Since both my parents have strong testimonies of the gospel I was baptized in a local irrigation ditch at the age of 8.

My school years were a lot of fun. I loved debate class, school dances, the drama club, sports and I lettered as cheerleader for three years.

I've had two loving husbands, and have two wonderful children, two great step children and three outstanding grandchildren.

My greatest joy is motherhood and the blessings of my eternal marriage in the Logan, Utah Temple.

While employed, I was active in the American Business Women's Association. While serving as president of the Boise Chapter, I was voted Women of the Year and attended the National Convention in New Orleans.

I have enjoyed my many callings in the church. Perhaps the two callings I enjoyed most were working with the young people of the ward or stake and president of the Relief Society.

I have certainly enjoyed serving in and going to the Temple of our Lord.
(Erma Heward)

No comments:

Post a Comment