Deluxe Macaroni 'n' Cheese
2 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 egg lightly beaten
3/4 teaspoon salt
Garlic salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 7oz package elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
paprika (optional)
In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt, garlic salt and pepper. Add cheddar cheese, mix well. Add macaroni and stir until coated.
Transfer to a greased 2-1/2 qt baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
My husband loves when I make this. I use different styles of macaroni for flare and I like to switch out the cheddar cheese with different shredded cheeses for a variety of flavor. Its a quick easy way make homemade Mac 'n' Cheese.
Bettina Rose
Thanks, Bettina! I've been hoping to try this ever since you mentioned it at bread class. : )
ReplyDeleteWow that sounds easy & very yummy!! I was thinking mac & cheese tonight, but we went out...maybe tomorrow I will give this a try! My mac & cheese always takes like an hour to make cause I do everything & then I bake it for a 1/2 hour...I don't have that kind of time LOL.
ReplyDelete